Lenton Brae Winery
Established in 1982, Lenton Brae began, and remains, a small privately owned and operated vineyard.
Today, Lenton Brae’s winemaking is managed by a second generation family member. All of the vineyard wines are hand harvested and brought to maturity on the winery’s estate. The core tenet of the Lenton Brae winemaker is to create wines in the exceptional Margaret River wine style and to strive at being the best in the region.
Lenton Brae Winery Amenities
The original owner created the architectural design of Lenton Brae specifically to highlight the majestic scenery of the Wilyabrup Valley and to accentuate the estate’s family friendly ambiance to visitors. There is a viewing platform, a BBQ and picnic area, and ample parking to accommodate individual vehicles as well as larger coaches. The daily operating hours are 10 AM to 5 PM, but the winery is closed on Good Friday and Christmas Day, and it opens at noon on April 25th, ANZAC Day. Large groups of 10 or more people can arrange for private vineyard tours and barrel room tasting by contacting Lenton Brae at (08) 9755 6255. Reservations are not required for wine tasting or cellar door sales to individual visitors.
Lenton Brae’s vineyard is less than an hour’s drive from Margaret River. It is situated on the scenic Caves Road, in the central part of Wilyabrup, midway between Margaret River to the south and Busselton to the north. With their outdoor eating areas, a visit to Lenton Brae can easily turn into a family fun day.
Vineyard guests can buy Lenton Brae wines, by the bottle or the case, at the cellar door. Any twelve bottle case purchase can be shipped to a home address or hand carried from the vineyard. Lenton Brae offers free shipping for case purchases anywhere in Australia.
Lenton Brae Wine Classifications
- Semillon Sauvignon Blanc: An exquisite blend of 55 percent Semillon grapes and 45 percent Blanc grapes
- Southside Chardonnay: An aged bouquet of white stone fruit blended with a hint of grapefruit and citrus zip
- Limited Release of Pinot Blanc: A bountiful essence of citrus blossom mixed with green apple and a hint of harvest spice
- Wilyabrup Semillon Sauvignon Blanc: A crisp bouquet of citrus blossom – Given 5 stars in James Halliday’s 2017 Australian Wine Companion Magazine
- Wilyabrup Chardonnay: A wild and intriguing bouquet of oatmeal with spicy oak blended with white peach and grapefruit
- Lenton Brae Shiraz: An enticing mixture of red fruits, white pepper, and cedar spice
- Cabernet Merlot: An all occasion favorite with a bouquet of spices and fruit cake
- Wilyabrup Cabernet Sauvignon: A masterful blend of 94 percent Cabernet Sauvignon grapes and 6 percent Merlot grapes
- Late Harvest Cabernet: A savory taste temptation that hints at juicy plum and muscatel sweetness
- No Way Rose: A connoisseur’s delight with a perfect blend of Shiraz grapes and Merlot grapes