Woody Nook Winery
This winery sits on the site of a former sawmill and today produces some of the most prized wines in the Margaret River wine region.
Although originally purchased in 1978, the Woody Nook label first emerged in 1987. Since that time, it has won an unprecedented number awards for excellence in both white and red wine categories.
Woody Nook is a small, private, owner operated, boutique winery located in the very heart of Wilyabrup on Metricup Road. Woody Nook vineyard specialises in grape varietals that benefit from the natural Margaret River environment. The two latest vines added to the vineyard are Tempranillo and Graciano.
For bookings and vineyard details, call Woody Nook direct on (08) 9755 7547 or visit their website at www.woodynook.com.au.
Woody Nook Winery Amenities
The Woody Nook winery is open to the public, year round, except for Good Friday, Christmas, and Boxing Day. Woody Nook is a family friendly vineyard with a play area for children and specialty meals for the younger set at the Nookery Café. The cellar door and gift shop are open from 10 AM to 4:30 PM, and the Nookery Cafe has extended daily hours from 8:30 AM to 3: 30PM. The complete vineyard experience can continue with overnight accommodations in the original Woody Nook timber and mud brick home.
The Cellar Door welcomes visitors daily from 10 AM to 4:30 PM for wine tasting and sales. The wine savvy staff stands ready to assist you in wine selections and tasting techniques. You can purchase wines on site to carry away or you can have them shipped to your home.
The Gift Shop is open to the public from 10AM to 4:30 PM and operates in conjunction with the cellar door. The Gift Shop is where you will find wine and kitchen accessories, wine themed clothing, and unique wine boxes and wine gift packages.
The Nookery Café is open daily from 8:30 to 3:30 PM. Coffee and tea are available all day, the breakfast menu is served until 10 AM, and the lunch menu is available from 11:30 AM to 3 PM. During the lunch hours, there are expanded eatery selections that range from starters to desserts with recommended wine pairings listed on the menu. Non-alcoholic drinks and milkshakes are also available. The café has a seating capacity for 120 people and reservations are encouraged. Dine inside the rustic, cottage facility, or outside on the pergola, or on the open air patio that overlooks a tranquil, natural fish pond.
The scenic location of the café is an ideal setting for all of those memorable events of a lifetime. This is especially true for engagements, weddings, anniversaries, special family holiday gatherings, graduations, and retirements.
Woody Nook Wine Classifications
- Sauvignon Blanc: An elegant taste of crisp, fresh fruity flavour
- Woodcote Chenin Blanc: A lingering taste of sweet, tropical fruit
- Kellys Farewell Sauvignon Blanc Semillon: A bouquet of melon and tropical fruit
- Chardonnay – Oaked: A bouquet of sweet melon, fresh apple, and a hint of toasty oak
- Timber Cutter’s Cottage Unwooded Chardonnay: A crisp taste of lime, grapefruit, and pear
- Late Harvest Semillon: A sweet, soft, fruity taste with low alcohol content
- Anniversary Blanc de Blanc Sparkling Wine: A traditional aperitif with citrus flavours
- Shiraz: A delectable taste of dark plums and white pepper
- Graciano: An essence of red currants; a 2016 WA Wine Show Gold Medal winner
- Killdog Creek Tempranillo: A delightful taste of cherries, plums, and a hint of spice
- Merlot: A James Halliday’s Wine Companion 5 star rating for an outstanding essence of juicy, red currant fruit
- Cabernet Merlot: A blend of 85 percent Cabernet Sauvignon and 35 percent Merlot Margaret River varietals, and a James Halliday’s Wine Companion 5 star rating
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2012: A Margaret River classic with a crisp taste of black currants, black olive, and herbs
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2013: Pure Margaret River wine and a 2016 International Wine Challenge Trophy Winner
- Cabernet Sauvignon 2014: Margaret River old vine cabernet, and a James Halliday’s Wine Companion 5 star rating
- Nooky Delight: A sweet fortified wine to be savored sip by sip.
- Velvet Rose: A rose bouquet with an elegant taste of a berry blend