2019 Gourmet Escape in Margaret River
Thursday, Aug 22, 2019. Written by Benson Holland.
The much-awaited 2019 Gourmet Escape is just weeks away!
The Margaret River portion of this year’s food extravaganza will be from Friday, November 15th through Sunday, November 17th. This extraordinary food feast will have locations that span the entire Margaret River region. So little time and so many fine foods to taste. The hardest part is deciding which events to attend to please your adventurous palate.
This year’s food, wine, craft brews, entertainment, and appearances of local and international top chefs are more expansive and diverse than in any prior year, including the popular 2017 event.
You can experience new cultural cuisines offered in exotic surroundings prepared by those who have mastered the science of culinary delights. You get to taste and buy local produce used in many of the dishes offered at each event.
How Can Tickets Be Purchased?
Tickets for all the events are now on sale with some coveted events already having a standby list. You can view the daily schedules by visiting the 2019 Gourmet Escape website
If you need help with ticket purchases, our wonderful staff here at Forest Rise are available to assist you. Because there will be wine and beer tasting available at the gatherings, we can help you arrange for transportation to and from the events you will attend.
Your exploration of fine wines, award-winning craft beers, and epicurean dishes begins as early as 11 AM on Friday, November 15th and culminates with the Official Closing Party at 6:30 PM on Sunday, November 17th. As you venture from one event to another, you’ll have the opportunity to vote for the winner in the Battle of the Breweries.
What Are Some of the Events?
Throughout the 3 days of Margaret River’s 2019 Gourmet Escape, there will be 11 different events on Friday, 15 events on Saturday, and 10 events on Sunday. Some dining feasts will have a different venue each day while others will repeat their offerings each day.
Depending on your personal preferences, you can:
- Wine and dine at the Westpac Gourmet Beach BBQ at Castle Rock Beach in Dunsborough.
- Experience a Safari Club Cookout that features the flavours of Indian, Thai, and Australian cuisines. They hold the cookout in a secret woodland hideaway at the Gourmet Village which is on the grounds of the Leeuwin Estate and Vineyard on Redgate Road in Margaret River.
- Savour an introduction to modern African cuisine at the Fermoy Estate and Vineyard on Metricup Road in Wilyabrup. The eight-course evening feast will be prepared by two guest chefs from Africa, paired with estate wines, and served at the estate’s lakeside cabana.
- Visit the hub of the Margaret River 2019 Gourmet Escape scene at the Gourmet Village on the grounds of the Leeuwin Estate on Redgate Road in Margaret River. Sample taste-tempting foods, local produce, wines, and beers offered by outstanding local restaurants, farmers, breweries, and wineries. You can meet, greet, and chat with visiting the celebrity chefs, and even sign up to take a cooking class led by renowned chefs.
- Enjoy a leisurely ocean cruise dining experience along the Geographe Bay with master chef Mark Best preparing your upscale fare. World-class, award-winning Margaret River wines are served with your meal. Your Ocean ream adventure sets sail from the Pro-fisherman’s Boat Ramp on Quindalup, which is opposite McDermott Street, in Dunsborough.
- Be one of the first diners to savor the new-school Chinese food dishes created by New York’s top chef, Danny Bowien, and our own beloved gourmet chef, Malcolm Chow, of Chow’s Table. The new-school Chinese food feast is paired with great beers from the event’s host, the local favourite owned and operated Gage Roads Brewing Company, and presented at Chow’s Table on Quininup Road in Yallingup.
- Nibble on scrumptious wood-fired pizza, grilled lamb skewers, pasta, and other delights under an awe-inspiring West Australian sunset at the White Elephant Café on Gnarabup Road in Margaret River. This feast will feature guest chefs from Perth’s beloved Tiny’s Restaurant and hot new Monsterella pizzeria. The wine list showcases new-wave Western Australian wines. Dance the evening away to the popular party music managed by local DJs.
Complete your exciting 2019 Gourmet Escape weekend at the Official Closing Party held beachside on Sunday evening at the White Elephant Café on Gnarabup Road in Margaret River. The evening’s party menu is an array of delectable tidbits created by one of Melbourne’s most celebrated cult restaurants.
While the name of the restaurant is a closely held secret only to be revealed at the festival, we can share with you that the tastes and sensations gathers from the Asian cuisine had a great influence on the chef. There are several hand-selected new-wave wines to complement the finger foods.
Some of Perth’s most celebrated DJs will be playing popular tunes throughout the evening. A perfect finale to a once-a-year event that brings together friends, fellow travelers, and world-class chefs. This is a perfect time and the ideal place to celebrate the end of another triumphant Gourmet Escape.
Stay at Forest Rise Chalets & Lodge
The popularity of the annual Gourmet Escape brings visitors from all around the globe (you can even fly there from Perth).
This means that room accommodations will fill up quickly. If you have plans to join in the festivities, now is the time to reserve your private, eco-friendly Forest Rise chalet. After a full day or evening of culinary adventures, come home to Forest Rise to rest, relax, and regenerate your energy for tomorrow’s new ventures.