Spring 2020: Experience the Excitement of Margaret River
Monday, Oct 19, 2020. Written by Benson Holland.
Spring is the official season of new beginnings. The temperatures are warming up, the trees are covered with leaves, the flowers are blooming with vibrant colours and the Margaret River region is open for visitors and brimming with excitement.
Now is the perfect time for a getaway from Zoom meetings, telework, and distance learning classes, to take a break from staying indoors, and to reward yourself with a holiday in Margaret River, the holiday paradise of Western Australia.
Western Australia has done an outstanding job in controlling the coronavirus outbreak. We are now in Phase 4 of the restrictions easing. This means that you can get out of the house and into the sunshine with thousands of other holidayers during the most beautiful season of the year.
When you are a guest at Forest Rise, you are assured of staying in a private chalet or The Lodge that has been thoroughly sanitised. We go above and beyond the health standards. The privacy, security, and safety of our guests are our prime considerations. The entire staff at Forest Rise are dedicated to your relaxation and enjoyment.
We would like to recommend the following activities that are open during the spring season. There are very few restrictions on all of the outdoor activities, while indoor dining and tourist attractions do still have capacity limits.
You are encouraged to call ahead for indoor engagements, as reservations may be required. Our friendly staff members will gladly assist you with driving directions and reservation enquiries.
Some of the best holiday experiences happen indoors. Here are our top recommendations.
- Margaret River has not one, not two, but three mouth pleasing chocolate companies where the entire family can watch the chocolatiers making their delectable treats, where visitors can design their favourite combinations, where there are unlimited tastings, and plenty of takeaway treats for gifts. Call ahead for reservation times.
- See the most amazing collection of over 30,000 rare shells and corals. Bellview Shell Collection has specimens from the far corners of the world all in one place. Spend some time discovering the most unique exhibit in all of Western Australia. Items are available for sale as souvenirs or gifts.
- While the ancient caves are technically an outdoor activity, you must go indoors to see the underground wonders on display deep within the caves. Ngilgi Cave is estimated to be over 500,000 years old with amazing stalagmites, stalactites, and brilliantly coloured shawls. Learn about how the cave was discovered, about caving by candlelight, and about the local Aboriginal mythology of the good spirit name Ngilgi. There is a children’s explorer’s tunnel for ages 5 and up, and a touch table where you can handle samples of the cave crystals. Parents are encouraged to wear a front-facing baby carrier to have their hands free to hold onto the ropes in the cave. Please wear non-slip shoes and bring a jacket to wear in the cooler temperature within the cave.
With hundreds of outdoor activities, it was a difficult task to select our favourite venues. Margaret River is world-renowned for its beaches, surfing, nature trails, whale watching, wildlife flowers, exotic bird watching, and award-winning wineries and craft breweries.
If you are interested in any of these activities, please ask any one of our staff members for local information. Our following recommendations were selected for their unique fresh-air adventures beyond the normal attractions.
- Staying on Terra Firma. Horseback riding, the original source for automotive horsepower. Forget biking and hiking when you can ride the trails on a beautiful Australian stock horse. This outdoor activity is fun for the whole family and its ideal for beginners and experienced horse lovers. Visit Jesters Flat Horse Riding for more information.
- Adventure on the water. Imagine paddling down the Margaret River ecosystem in a canoe seeing local wildlife, wilderness, and wildflowers not visible from land trails. This tour includes a stop for a scenic walk and a native Australian lunch of gourmet dishes. The all-day canoe experience is perfectly suited for the entire family and all equipment is supplied. Visit our article about The Bushtucker Canoe Tour for more information.
- Up, up, and away. See the magnificent Margaret River region from a bird’s eye view. Tours are available from a 10-minute feel of a helicopter flight ride to a custom-designed 60-minute aerial scenic flight. Visit Scenic Helicopters for more information.
Enjoy an evening of dining on local fare at any of our outstanding restaurants, cafes, taverns, and wineries. Forest Rise guests can also enjoy an evening meal in the privacy of their own chalet by an in-house chef.
No matter what holiday agenda you envision, your Forest Rise Chalets and Lodge staff will dedicate themselves to making your plans a reality and a memory to last a lifetime. Because the holiday season is quickly growing to full capacity, we recommend that you contact us today on (08) 9755 7110 to reserve your private getaway. We look forward to hearing from you.
Travel in Western Australia During Covid-19 Restrictions
Western Australia is nearly Covid-19 free and anticipates entering Phase 5 of restriction easements on Saturday, October 24th. We remind you of what you can and cannot do to comply with the current Phase 4 restrictions.
As reported in an article in the Australian Times, Ben Wyatt, the state Treasurer stated that Western Australia’s response to the government’s coronavirus guidance has resulted in our world-leading economic performance.